Rover Time, Part IX: It’s Drive Your Rover to Work Day

side

This is a big day for the Rover: It’s the first time it’s been at Hemmings since nearly a year ago, when it was a non-runner tucked away in our shop. I brought it in for its Massachusetts safety inspection yesterday, and after some fiddling with a couple of bulbs that wouldn’t light up because of tarnished contacts, it got a nice, new sticker slapped on its windshield. So I decided to drive it to work today.

front

There are still a couple of little things to fix. For instance, the speedometer. I had to guess at my speed coming up the 15 miles of two-lane highway between my house and Hemmings World Headquarters. Nobody passed me, and I didn’t get pulled over, so I couldn’t have been too far off.

This isn’t the car’s first trip – I drove to Fitchburg, Massachusetts, about two hours east of where I live, for a big Rover show a few weeks ago. But that was really a shakedown trip, because I knew that things would break, and they did. (Like the clutch hydraulics and the generator, for two.) Today marks its rehabilitation as a running, useable car, for the first time since 1976.



Related posts:



Related posts:



Share this post!

Bookmark and Share

0 коммент.:

Отправить комментарий