Heather’s offensive little car

Heather's midget

As you may recall, I bought my wife Heather a 1974 MG Midget little car last year. It’s down for repairs right now, but she’s been enjoying it on sunny days, driving it to work with the top down, experiencing the joys of classic car ownership, getting thumbs-up from co-workers and passers-by alike.

So I was rather interested in the recent news that little people across the country now want the word midget to be banned from broadcast TV by the FCC. The word’s derogatory, apparently.

So where does that leave us, the proud MG Midget owners? Do we hang our heads in shame that we have cute, tiny, fun cars with names that offend little people? Do we start calling our cars “vertically challenged?”

I guess now my unrealized dream of instituting a new holiday – Drive a Midget in Your Midget Day – will never come to fruition.

So I might as well now start a collection of cars with un-PC names. I’ll next buy a Studebaker Dictator. A King Midget definitely. Maybe a Dodge La Femme. Or a Jaguar SS. Can you think of any others?



Related posts:



Share this post!

Bookmark and Share

0 коммент.:

Отправить комментарий